Opinion Leader approaches each client brief with a clear perspective and open mind. We don’t champion preferred methodologies, but instead create bespoke solutions for each research project using a wide portfolio of quantitative and qualitative techniques to meet our clients’ objectives.
What methodology would you like to know more about?
Our heritage in high-profile research means that we are industry leaders in engaging people from all walks of life on topical issues that include C-suite stakeholders to hard-to-reach consumers.
Clients tell us that we really add value by delivering clear guidance and strategic actions, not just reports and percentages. We have a reputation that addresses our clients’ business issues, helping them to drive change in their business.
Opinion Leader has extensive experience and a proven track record in delivering insightful qualitative research using a variety of different methodologies that include discussion groups, one-to-one interviews, collaborative workshops and online forums.
We conduct qualitative research across a range of audiences from consumers through to senior business and public sector respondents in areas that include concept and communications testing, corporate reputation and policy development.
We have specific experience in reaching traditionally hard-to-reach groups including those with degrees of speech and hearing loss, adults with autism and individuals with limiting life long illnesses.
Our use of online research methodologies is ever-growing both as a standalone option and as part of a mixed methodology approach. In addition to online survey delivery, we are also able to offer:
- Online discussion communities using our own in-house platform, CaucusWorld.
- Online discussion groups to enable us to interact with participants who are geographically diverse or ‘time poor’, with the ability to stream multimedia straight to participants’ desktops.
- Social media monitoring utilising the Earwig platform, which analyses mood and influences opinion to fully engage with customers and help brands to manage their reputation online.
Opinion Leader’s deliberative approach is invaluable in exploring significant and complex policy and strategy issues.
This approach engages citizens, customers, employees or stakeholders in mature, informed debate to enable them to contribute to policies and practices that will potentially impact on their lives. Opinion Leader’s suite of deliberative methods ranges from smaller scale Citizens’ Juries to large-scale Citizens’ Summits.
There are a number of crucial elements that differentiate deliberative consultation approaches from more conventional research such as group discussions, including:
- Time - Participants have an extended period over which to assimilate and scrutinise relevant information and debate issues.
- Information - The ability to present people with relevant evidence and information as the consultation progresses is a key advantage of deliberative approaches.
- Scrutiny - Participants can hear evidence from experts or individuals representing particular and often conflicting interests, and cross examine and question these people.
- Deliberation - Participants can engage in trade-offs and consider future scenarios.
- Solution orientated - Deliberative approaches allow shared solutions to be reached during the sessions, rather than by researchers during analysis.
- Authority - The findings carry a weight of authority, derived from the independence and integrity of the process.
We have in the past used deliberative approaches with both central and local government clients, NGOs and private sector clients to engage with their stakeholders on strategically important and complex topics.
Opinion Leader has a highly experienced team of quantitative researchers as well as a state-of-the-art in-house fieldwork operation that allow us to undertake telephone, face to face, online and paper self completion surveys.
Our experience covers customer satisfaction, brand positioning and corporate reputation. We are able to reach a broad range of audiences including:
- B2B and consumer/general public audiences.
- Benchmarking and on-going tracking research.
- UK-based and international studies.
We also have experience of a wide range of statistical techniques to bring the data to life.